- 1½ kilo pork chop
- 1½ tablespoon iodized salt (for pork chop seasoning)
- ½ tablespoon black pepper, ground (for pork chop seasoning)
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme leaves, whole
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white onion, sliced thinly
- 1½ cup Caramba! Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- ¾ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons iodized salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water (for starch slurry)
- Season both sides of pork chops with salt, pepper, and dried thyme. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in butter over medium-high heat. Remove chops.
- In the drippings, sauté onion until translucent. Add Caramba! Spicy Barbecue Sauce, apple juice, water, and brown sugar. Whisk until well-blended.
- Return chops to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chops.