- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shitake mushroom, diced
- ¼ cup white onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ cup Caramba! Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cane vinegar
- 12 pieces of a 6-inch flour tortilla
- 1 cup quick melt cheese, shredded
For the dipping sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon iodized salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Pour olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until translucent. Add shitake mushroom and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add chipotle powder, Caramba! Spicy Barbecue Sauce, tomato paste, and vinegar.
- Cook for 10 minutes then turn off the heat.
- For the dipping sauce, place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Place the tortillas on a plate. Spread the filling and top with cheese.
- Fold the tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place the quesadillas and turn once until light brown.
- Transfer to a cutting board and divide into three (3) equal parts.
- Place in a plate and serve with the dipping sauce.