- 1 1/2 kilo pork chop
- 1 1/2 tablespoon iodized salt (for pork chop seasoning)
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper, ground (for pork chop seasoning)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme leaves, whole
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white onion, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 cup Caramba! Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons iodized salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water (for starch slurry)
- Season both sides of pork chops with salt, pepper and dried thyme. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in butter over medium-high heat. Remove chops.
- In the drippings, sauté onion until translucent. Add Caramba! Spicy Barbecue Sauce, apple juice, water and brown sugar. Whisk until well-blended.
- Return chops to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chops.