- 2 cabbage heads
- 2 pieces diced onion, diced
- 1½ cup rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 kilo ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 5 teaspoons Caramba! Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Caramba! Tomato Salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 70 grams tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Hot water, from boiled cabbage
- Pork broth
Preparation for the rice:
- Rinse the rice and then pour the water, pour 3½ cups of water. Cover and simmer for 15- 20 minutes. Set aside.
Preparation for the cabbage:
- Peel and discard the top two leaves from each cabbage. Use a knife to cut out the core of each cabbage. Rinse it.
- In a pot, pour water and boil the cabbage, the cutout part must be facing up in placing the cabbage on the pot. Cook for 4-5 minutes, rotate it slowly, pull each leaf as they soften while cooking. Place the cabbage on a platter to cool down. Reserve the hot boil water on the pot.
- In a platter, separate each cabbage leaves. Use only the perfect form of leaves. Strip using a knife the hard stem portion of the leaves, so that it will be easier to roll. Set aside.
- Mix 2 cups hot water (from the cabbage you boiled) with the broth of the pork, mix with the tomato paste, and add 1 teaspoon of sugar and seasoning and 2 teaspoons Caramba! Tomato Salsa.
- Mix all together. Set aside.
- In a pan put the oil, butter, and onions. Sauté for almost 1 min. Set aside.
- Boil the ground meat for 2-3 minutes. Drain the meat, reserve the broth of the pork. set aside.
- In a bowl mix the ground pork, sautéed onion, cooked rice, egg, parsley, salt, and pepper, Caramba! Habanero Pepper Sauce. Mix until well-blended with all the ingredients. Set aside
- Get a piece of cabbage leaves then put a tbsp. or a 1/3 cup of the meat mixture. Start to roll it like a burrito and place all the cabbage roll on a pot.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the pot with a cabbage roll. Steam it for 30-45 minutes. Transfer to plate and serve.