- 1½ kg pork shoulder, sliced 1 inch thick
- ½ cup Caramba! Spicy Barbecue Sauce (for basting)
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup Caramba! Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- ½ cup lemon-lime flavored soft drink or ginger ale
- ½ cup calamansi juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
For the spiced vinegar dip:
- 1 cup red cane vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon iodized salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Place the pork in a large container with a cover.
- Pour the marinade over the pork and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or as long as overnight.
- Soak barbecue sticks in a large bowl with warm water for about 20 minutes.
- Skewer the marinated pork slices in the barbecue sticks.
- Mix half a cup of the used marinade and the remaining Caramba! Spicy Barbecue Sauce for basting.
- Preheat the outdoor grill. Cook each skewered pork for 10 minutes per side in medium heat. Brush each side before turning it over to keep it moist.
- Transfer to a serving plate with the spiced vinegar dip.